St. Anthony, St. Anthony, Please Look Around...


You know the feeling, you've seen the item around here somewhere...  but you just can't find it.  This is my biggest "pet peeve".  I see an object somewhere and I think, "Oh yeah, maybe I'll need this in the future, but I'm not looking for it right now." and then, a few days, weeks, or months later you need that thing you saw, somewhere, in the house, you just know you saw it SOMEWHERE!  So annoying!!! :P

Have I got the solution for you! ;)

The one... the only... St. Anthony!!!!
He always helps me find things I need.  There are so many instances, I can't even count.  The other day, I needed some old pictures my sister and I took with a friend for her birthday present.  I could NOT find the CD they were on and I was going NUTS!!!  We were running out of time!  I prayed to St. Anthony and he suggested looking somewhere that I though was not likely AT ALL.  Well, as always, he came through.  Sometimes I don't even get to finish the prayer, and, BOOM!  he comes through!

+ St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please look around, something is lost and cannot be found. Amen. +

Next time you need to find something, don't just retrace your steps, (although that's good too,) pray to St. Anthony, he ALWAYS comes through for me, and he will for you too!  Here is a little bit on St. Anthony's life!

Feast day: June 13th
Birth: 1195
Death: 1231 
Saint Anthony was canonized (declared a saint) less than one year after his death.
There is perhaps no more loved and admired saint in the Catholic Church than Saint Anthony of Padua, a Doctor of the Church. Though his work was in Italy, he was born in Portugal. He first joined the Augustinian Order and then left it and joined the Franciscan Order in 1221, when he was 26 years old.So simple and resounding was his teaching of the Catholic Faith, so that the most unlettered and innocent might understand it, that he was made a Doctor of the Church by Pope Pius XII in 1946. Saint Anthony was only 36 years old when he died. He is called the hammer of the Heretics His great protection against their lies and deceits in the matter of Christian doctrine was to utter, simply and innocently, the Holy Name of Mary. When St. Anthony of Padua found he was preaching the true Gospel of the Catholic Church to heretics who would not listen to him, he then went out and preached it to the fishes. This was not, as liberals and naturalists are trying to say, for the instruction of the fishes, but rather for the glory of God, the delight of the angels, and the easing of his own heart. St. Anthony wanted to profess the Catholic Faith with his mind and his heart, at every moment.

He is typically depicted with a book and the Infant Child Jesus, to whom He miraculously appeared, and is commonly referred to today as the "finder of lost articles." Upon exhumation, some 336 years after his death, his body was found to be corrupted, yet his tongue was totally incorrupt, so perfect were the teachings that had been formed upon it.
God bless your weekend!!!  May St. Anthony help you find the important things in life! Thank you St. Anthony for all of your blessings!  :)
Please also let me know if you have any blog post ideas!  I would love to answer a Q&A or interview someone!  Thanks and let me know! :)
PS.  If you could all pray he'll help me find one of my favorite DVD's, that would be great.  Skiff and AJ's Fantastic Voyage has been missing out of it's case for a while.  Thanks!


Comments

Popular Posts