The Art of the Love Song...


Last month my family and I piled into our car with some friends excited for the evening ahead.  I was going to see The Annie Moses Band's The Art of the Love Song show.  I had learned of this band only five months prior from some friends when they showed me the "Blush" music video, but I already loved their music.  When our family had received the invitation earlier that week to go see the band, I was thrilled! 

We arrived at the theater where we had the chance to watch the band’s sound check session.  As I walked through the door into the theater, I was surprised how close we were to the stage!  The band was amazing as they played some songs, explained about their group, and answered our questions!
Next, we headed upstairs for dinner while the theater was prepped for the evening’s performance.  

Finally, it was time to be seated for the show.  I believe we were all a bit nervous and very excited. (I certainly was!)  I enjoyed myself thoroughly from beginning to end.  The theater was amazing as I believe there really wasn’t a bad seat to be had.  You were still very close to the stage even in the back, up top, and the sound of the music filled the room and your soul.  The Annie Moses Band and their friend, Joshua Carswell, were sensational!  


The band is a group of 6 siblings, Annie, Alex, Benjamin, Camille, Gretchen, and Jeremiah, accompanied by a few close friends and family. The band combines folk and classical music in a wonderful band that will delight your ears and heart all night long. Here are some of my absolute favorite songs (besides Blush)




(Ok, I'll stop. They have so many good songs! I'll have to do another post with some of their other songs... ;) )

As with all good things, the show came to an end too soon.  I relished the final standing ovation before heading back out into the lobby to meet the band and talk about the show with my friends.  I really loved that we were all right there getting to meet and talk with these great artists. Annie, Benjamin, Joshua, and the others were all so gracious to take pictures with everyone, sign cds, and chat!


As a musician myself, this show experience was inspiring and unforgettable.  I have played piano, recorder, and am now learning violin.  This opportunity was inspiring for me to practice violin, like these artists have for so many years, very faithfully.  Even though I may never tour in a band like them, I certainly hope to strive to practice and get very good, like them.  I loved listening to such talented artists.  But most of all, I very much appreciated the purpose of this band’s songs and message; honor love in all it’s seasons and to pay tribute to such wholesome classic love songs and the people who’ve inspired them.

I'm sure you know though, if you've ever been to a live concert, that the music is so much more full, beautiful, and amazing live, so if you ever have a chance to go see the Annie Moses Band on tour, I would highly suggest it!

Comments

Popular Posts