I am 16, going on 17...



“You know something Diana? We are rich. We have sixteen years to our credit and we both have wonderful imaginations. We should be as happy as queens. Look at that, you couldn’t enjoy its loveliness anymore if you had ropes of diamonds.” – Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables)

Yes!  I have finally reached that awaited age, sweet 16!  It seemed so far off only a year ago.  But I rang in this new year of life with a trip full of many blessings and fun!  



A trip to beautiful Montana!  I've never been there before, so it was a long list of firsts!

We got to see the Missouri River
Went to an old fashioned Catholic Gift Shop/ Drug Store/ Soda Fountain!!!!!
(I got a Chocolate Soda! Delicious!)

Then, every day there was Solemn High Mass with beautiful Gregorian Chant!

Look at all those Priests!!!!! <3
(That's not even all of them! There were 17 total!)
On Wednesday, we began a 40 hour Eucharistic Devotion to Our Lord!  Jesus was present and exposed in the monstrance for 40 hours straight to commemorate the 40 hours he spent in the tomb.



It began with a beautiful procession while we sang beautiful hymns!  The bishop of Great Falls was even there!

There were over 125 candles on the altar for the full 40hrs.  It was definitely a beautiful site that was beyond words.

~O Sacrament Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All Praise and all Thanksgiving be every moment Thine!~
It was truly a wonderful week with Mass, great talks by the priests, and Benediction! (A blessing of the Eucharist.)

Here are the links to the talks!  They are so full of knowledge and thought provoking words.







Thank you so much to all the priests who attended, celebrated Mass, gave the talks, and were such a powerful witness of the love of Jesus Christ.  This experience has changed me in a most special way!
I was so sad to leave such a holy presence, and I will forever remember this wonderful time with Jesus.


On Saturday we began the drive home.  We first stopped in Helena, Montana and visited the most glorious Cathedral of St. Helena there!
St. Thomas Aquinas just outside the door. :)
Then, you walk in...

Amazing!!!!!! I was blown away at the sight of it.  It looked like the cathedral out of the book, The Boy Knight of Reims.  When I walked in it said to me, "This is the kind of church the Saints prayed in."



Jesus and Joseph the carpenters.
There were stained glass windows everywhere you looked!  They had such detail and attention to beauty.  Even the little windows above the huge ones had intricate detail and meaning.
The other day durring the conference was the feast of St. Helena, so it was a great privilege to visit her cathedral after just hearing the story of her finding the Cross of Jesus, and how her son, Emperor Constantine, conquered in the Sign of the Cross.



The Altar was truly magnificent.


The 8th Station of the Cross, Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem.

~Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I implore, that I may ever love Thee more and more!~

And it just so happened that there was a beautiful large statue of St. Anthony of Padua, whom I have a special relationship with!


Also, just outside of Butte, Montana, there is a beautiful 90ft tall statue of Our Lady of the Mountains.  She is lit up at night really pretty as she looks out on the Continental Divide.

I wanted to thank our friends who so graciously welcomed us into their home!  Also, thank you to Fr. Ryan, Fr. Mark, Fr. Christopher, and all the other priests who truly blessed me with such a wonderful conference.  You are all in my prayers!
May God reward you!

So, on my birthday, we were on our second day of driving home.  It was a most enjoyable day!

When we arrived home, I found some very special surprises!
The plays of St. Therese of Lisieux that she wrote herself!

And my very own "Anne Girl".  :)


I also received the sweetest package of chocolates in the mail from a school friend!


And finally, I figured I must since I've waited for this day...

I am 16 going on 17
I know that I'm naive
Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet
And willingly I believe


I am 16 going on 17 innocent as a rose
Bachelor dandies
Drinkers of brandies
What do I know of those?



Totally unprepared am I
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared am I
Of things beyond my ken


I need someone
Older and wiser
Telling me what to do....





Skip the drama, stay with mama, Mother knows best!!!

XD

(Sorry, I just had to!)




And of course, as I search for ideas for my Sweet 16, I find this delectable looking cake!  
It looks so Anne inspired!

I hope you have all enjoyed my random ramblings!

<3 God bless! <3

Comments

Popular Posts