There and Back Again

A gorgeous Montana sunset... 
Hello friends,

I hope you are all having a good finish to your summer!  Earlier this month our family traveled to Montana again for the Abeamus Marian Conference at Corpus Christi Parish.  We went last year for the conference and had a beautiful time.  This year was amazing, once again.  We were very busy the entire trip and had so much fun.  The conference started Sunday the 7th, but we drove in on Sunday, so Monday was our first night at the conference.

I was so happy, excited, and honored that my sister and I were asked to sing along with two other ladies and two priests for the Masses!!!  It was a great experience and I learned new songs and Mass settings!  I wasn't thinking I would need my schola music since the priests sang last year, so I left it at home.  I guess I should never leave home without it! :D

After Mass on Tuesday, Jesus was exposed in the monstrance for the 40 Hours Eucharistic Devotion
 This is the second time I've witnessed this devotion.  It really strikes the heart with it's immense beauty.  I loved being able to just sit there.  It was just Jesus and I and I spoke to Him in the silence of my heart.  After the Eucharist was exposed, the priest, deacon, and sub deacon stayed kneeling in front of Our Lord throughout the dinner which was held downstairs.  I really appreciate the humility and devotion this took on the priests' part.

The elevation of the chalice at Solemn High Mass on Wednesday during the 40hrs devotion.
 I loved attending Solemn High Mass every day of the conference.  Even though some of the priests didn't know how to serve it or didn't have much practice, the Mass went off very smoothly.  That is a beautiful thing about the Tridentine Mass.  There is also so much beauty in the ceremony and respect for the Mass.  Look at how all the priests and servers are looking at Jesus!

Beautiful waterfall at Giant Springs Park
 On Wednesday and Thursday we had "Family Days" at the park on the Missouri River!  It was such a great place to talk, play frisbee, hike, and pray the rosary.


The Missouri River
Father went fly fishing on the river!

We got to have dinner and talk with the priests!
Each night after Mass we went downstairs to have dinner before the conference talk.  It was really nice to be able to talk with our friends, other families, and the priests!  

Prostration at the end of the last Mass during the 40hrs devotion.
I wanted to point something out here that really resonated with me.  During all of the Masses, ceremonies, and talks, the priests showed a wonderful devotion and reverence for Our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament and His Mother, Mary.  But at this moment, it was very special because even the main celebrant prostrates himself flat on the ground before his Lord and God in the Eucharist.  I realized it takes a lot of humility to do all the things the priests do: wear the vestments, chant the Confiteor, kneel before the Blessed Sacrament for over an hour, but most striking of all was this prostration.  It symbolizes our nothingness before our Lord and Savior, and also their total abandonment to God in their priestly vocation.  It really is amazing.

The Eucharistic procession to end the 40hrs devotion.
I really liked processing around, following Jesus in the monstrance around the parish as cars drove by in the neighborhood.

I love that they all wear cassocks. Yet another example of humility and abandonment to God in their priestly office!
Thank you so much to all the priests and the deacon who attended and participated in this years conference.  You are a true witness of Christ and His love for us.  Thank you for taking the time to come and share your gifts and wisdom with us.  The talks and homilies were inspiring and beautiful.  You have also given me a better understanding of Mary as our Mother of Mercy.  May God richly reward and bless you for all that you do and may He keep you safe.  May Mary cover you with her mantle.  You're in my prayers.

Here are the talks given by the priests for the conference!

Sunday Sermon, August 7 -- Mercy is incarnation, Mary is Mother of Mercy (Father Ryan Erlenbush)
Listen online [here]!






Sunday Conference, August 7 -- Behold your Mother, Fr Joseph Bergida (given by Fr Samuel Spiering)
Listen online [here]!






Monday Conference, August 8 -- Most Merciful Mournful Mother Mary, Fr Fredrick Gruber
Listen online [here]!







Wednesday Conference, August 10 -- Blessed Mary, Our Protection, Fr Joseph Previtali
Listen online [here]!







Friday Conference, August 12 -- Mary, Mother of Mercy and Queen of Families, Fr Garrett Nelson
Listen online [here]!






Saturday Daily Mass Sermon, August 13 -- Mary, Refuge of Sinners (Father Ryan Erlenbush)
Listen online [here]!



God bless!!
SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts