Thanksgiving!


It's that time of year again!  The smells, the cold air, the family and friends in town... THE FOOD!  Ah, yes! :)

Next to Christmas, this is my favorite holiday.  I love helping my mom cook, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, being with friends, the food, and the dessert! ;)  Although we may get wrapped up in Christmas shopping, decorating, cooking, and prepping, we need to remember what Thanksgiving means.  Thanksgiving in the dictionary is listed as:

1. the expression of gratitude, esp. to God

2. (in North America) an annual national holiday marked by religious observances and a traditional meal including turkey.  The holiday commemorates a harvest festival celebrated by the Pilgrims in 1621, and is held in the US on the fourth Thursday of November.

I especially need to remember what I'm blessed with.  I have so many things to be thankful for, a loving family, my Catholic faith, the ability to go tho church in the open and practice my faith, a beautiful house, my sweet Clifford (my dog), great friends, and a great education.  Many people will be without a lot of those things this year and I need to thank God for all my blessings.  We also need to remember to pray for all those who are less fortunate than us.

What are you thankful for?  List five or more things in the comments!

I'm thankful for
1. My Catholic Faith and loving Lord Jesus
2. My loving family
3. The Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
4. My awesome friends! (far and near ;))
5. Thanksgiving food! :D
6. My dog, Clifford!

Also, let's share recipes for Thanksgiving!  What's your favorite dish or dessert you can't be without this Thanksgiving?  I can't wait to hear from you!  I'll post some pictures on Friday of our 'blessings' too.  (Someone remind me! ;))

May God truly bless you and your family, immediate and extended, this Thanksgiving, giving everyone safe travels and lots of fun with family and friends.

 Happy Thanksgiving!


Comments

Popular Posts