Boutique


    Hi all!

I hope you had a great weekend!  I had an amazing weekend.  My family traveled up to the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles  for their annual Boutique and Family Festival.  It was our families first time to the boutique.  We love the sisters!  They are so hospitable and wonderful.


I want to start this post off with a follow up on the last post. I posted it on Thursday morning before we went down to the sisters'.  When we for there, we weren't assigned rooms.  Instead, I walked into a random room.  When I came out again to look at the name of my room I noticed IT WAS ST. ANTHONY!!!
 Such a beautiful blessing and miracle.  Thanks St. Anthony for helping me find what brings me closer to doing God's work!



There was a lot to do when we got there Thursday night.  The sisters put us right to work boxing cookies, Labeling boxes, arranging displays, and doing dishes.  On Friday, we went to Mass at a beautiful church that was the home of the cloister of St. Teresa.
Here is the inside of the beautiful church of the Cloister of St. Teresa!

The beautiful Infant of Prauge

and Our Mother of Divine Grace!

Jacquie did my hair in a really nice fishtail braid to keep my hair back for the work of the day.  It made my hair really wavy that night too.

When we got back, we were really busy doing a lot of the same stuff, and more!  My mom and dad were put to work making pumpkin pies, I was labeling fudge and other refrigerator items in the walk in, and Jacquie was slammed with cookies! 

The big day was Saturday.  We went to work doing more boxing and labeling, stocking and selling cookies and other goodies.  It was a lot of fun helping everyone and seeing all the people coming to help the sisters.  It was an amazing experience.


I took a walk around on my break to see what else was going on around the grounds.  There were plants being sold, a silent auction, Santa's work shop for kids, and beautiful handmade crafts for sale in addition to the beautiful gift shop of the sisters.




Thank you to the wonderful sisters!  I was so blessed on this weekend learning new things and helping the sisters in their marvelous work.  May God bless them for their generosity and kindness!  I really enjoyed myself.

Thank you also to our wonderful friends who mad the weekend possible.  I had such a fun time with you all and I hope we can do it again!  God bless you for everything! :)

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts