Summer!

What does a homeschooler do in summer?

A homeschooler does anything a regular kid would do.  Our family takes regular trips.  We like to drive.  It's a lot of fun and our family grows closer on the trip.  We talk, sing, read out loud, listen to audio shows, color, play games, and nap.  ;-)  It's a ton of fun.

This year we have gone two places,  The Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angelos, and Big Bear, CA.

My mom, sister, and I attended a Mother~Daughter retreat in Alhambra with the Sisters.  It was a lot of fun and a great spiritual time.  The drive up there is not bad.  I also learned to line dance there!

We went camping in Big Bear, California.  That was a lot of fun as well.  It was my third time camping and my first time to BB.  I had a lot of firsts including fishing, running 2 mi., going to a floating out-house on the lake, and taking a shower at a campsite.

Because we also take trips during the school year, we get behind and often have to finish into the summer.  I love that our schedules are so flexible.

My sister and I also do fun stuff during the summer at home.  We play Wii, chess, bike ride, roller blade, and our dad put a new above ground pool up this summer!  It has been a lot of fun.  My favorite thing to do in the pool is handstands; I have progressively gotten better at those.

Have a great rest of your summer! What do you have planned?  God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts