A favorite part of my school!

Hi everyone,

School has begun already for a lot of people.  Our family doesn't officially begin until the day after Labor Day.  Although, with online classes, my Latin has begun.  This year I am doing the second half of Henle Latin.  It is a traditional Catholic text teaching Latin grammar.  Don't ask me if I can speak Latin fluently, because I'll say, "Salve!" That's about it. [BTW, that means hello (to one person)] ;-)
www.amazon.com/Latin-First-Year-Henle/dp/0829410260
www.amazon.com/Latin-First-Year-Henle/dp/0829410260

MODG says in their newsletter,

there are "three long term goals in mind: 1) reading Latin; 2) improving critical thinking; and 3) developing precision of the language."

How do I memorize all of those words and endings, you might ask.

"Memorization is gained through practice as well as drill, and it is not the total method; rather observation and pre-analysis assume equal importance." (MODG Newsletter)


I really like Latin because of it's rich history and connection with the Church.  It is also fun to memorize prayers, sayings, and words.  Give it a try!

Also,
Here is another giveaway to start off the school year from Shower of Roses!  These beautiful books are great for teaching little "saints in the making" about our friends in heaven!



Comments

Popular Posts