Anne of Green Gables!!!


Hi all!

           I know this is probably WAY over due.  My lil sis over at www.tolkienbookfan.blogspot.com has been posting about her beloved book line and movie "The Hobbit", so I thought I should post about mine.  In my profile for blogger, I said I LOVE AoGG.  Well, that's right!!!  I have read four of the eight books in the series, seen the first two movies, seen parts of the other movie, and watched the BBC TV series. :)  That probably doesn't qualify me to be a fangirl or anything because to do that you have to like, have everything Anne, and have watched all of the movies all of the time. :/ Even still, I love what I have read and love to talk about and re-read all of it!!!

This year I received All four AoGG movies for christmas and the audio book read by Kevin Sullivan, the creator of the movies!


The official website for the Anne movies made by the Canadian Sullivan Entertainment is here.  The BBC TV series is here  on IMDb.  You can find all of my favorite parts from the books and movies on my Pinterest board solely dedicated to Anne and Gilbert (and their friends).


NOTICE! SPOILERS BELOW!  IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS OR WATCHED THE MOVIES AND WANT TO, PLEASE READ ON ONLY IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PLOT OR SPOILERS!!!


Otherwise, Enjoy! ;)

Anne was an orphan adopted on accident by sister and brother, Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert.

Anne and Matthew
She wishes she was not just plain Ann.

Then she meets her bosom friend and next-door neighbor, Diana...
And Gilbert Blythe, the school boy. (On the right.)
He called her carrots, so naturally it was love at first slate! (Not!)

Anne: "I shall never forgive Gilbert Blythe!  The iron has entered my soul, Diana!"

She feels she can never forgive him.



Then one day as Anne was reenacting The Lady of Shallot...
Her boat had a leak, she had to pull herself onto the bridge and wait for help.
Low and behold Gilbert Blythe, her sworn enemy, came rowing by.
Gilbert: "Anne Shirely, what in heck are you doing?"
Anne: "Fishing for lake trout..."

Well right then and there Gilbert apologized that he ever called her carrots.
“Look, I’m sorry I ever said anything about your hair. You have no idea how sorry. But it was so long ago. Aren’t you ever going to forgive me?” 
But it wasn't till much later that she really forgave him.

Anne: "Aren't you afraid I'm liable to break another slate over your head?"
Gilbert: "I'm more worriedI might break one over your's, Carrots."

To be continued...

This is the end of the first Movie; Anne of Green Gables.  Hopefully in the near future I will make one for the 2nd move.  (With ya'lls approval! What did you think?)
God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts