Online Classes

Hi there,

I thought I would shed some light on online classes for homeschoolers.  We are not cut off from the world like some people believe.  We interact with lots of other students our age through online classes.  Some curriculums do all of their classes completely online, like K-12.  Mother of Divine Grace has online classes for some subjects, especially for the core subjects.  Math, History, Latin, Religion, book clubs, and electives, such as fine arts.   I have taken some classes in the last few years including Latin and Science.  This year I will be taking Latin again.

In the online classroom, you have a microphone, you can raise your hand, ask questions, chat in the chat box, write answers, and even video conference.  It is really neat to see all of your classmates and connect the voice with the face.  It is amazing how far technology has brought us to be able to talk and learn with other kids from around the country.

In addition to the interactive online classes, there is a website called Quia that MODG has set up for quizzing.  Last year I had to take 3 quizzes every other week.  There are multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, translation questions, and true or false.

I have kept in contact with some of my classmates from last year.  It is really fun talking with them about other stuff besides school.  I can't wait of this years classes!

Comments

Popular Posts